Assurance Manager – Pension & Benefits
Smythe Ratcliffe LLP is seeking a Manager with experience in the Pension & Benefits sector for our downtown Vancouver location.
Smythe Ratcliffe LLP is a member of PKF International Limited, and we are one of the larger mid-sized firms in the city. We are recognized for exceptional work in the areas of assurance, taxation and business advisory services for private and public companies, family-owned businesses and not-for-profit clients.
Our skilled audit, tax and advisory specialists are a diverse team of professionals with expertise in hospitality, technology, resource, and real estate and construction industries. We are proud to service some of the biggest names in BC in the Exploration, Real Estate, Not-for-Profit and Technology sectors.
Within the union, pension & benefits practice area, you will work directly with clients and Partners to deliver assurance and advisory services. Within this role, you will also work with other not-for-profit (NFP) organizations and private or public companies.
- Must have managerial experience leading external audits of union, pension and benefit plan clients
- Reviewing and preparing financial statements and accompanying notes
- Assessing financial and systems controls
- Experience in leading teams and managing engagements
- Promoting expertise and services in the pension & benefits area
- Building and strengthening client relationships
- Training and developing staff
- Assisting in other divisions as needed
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years assurance experience within public practice, with at least 2 years as a manager in the pension & benefits sector
- CA or equivalent designation
- Proven track record in management of pension & benefit assurance work
- Project management and organizational skills
- Experience in monitoring multiple complex projects and progression against deadlines and budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Direct client service experience combined with a solid knowledge of business development
The Smythe Ratcliffe Advantage
Creating balance for our employees is key to our continued success. We offer a competitive salary, and consider ourselves to be a cohesive group and provide opportunities to become involved in our solid sport teams, social communities, Toastmasters and community support.
To apply for this position, please send your application to email@example.com with “Assurance Manager – Pension & Benefits” as the subject line.
We thank you for your application; however, only successful applicants will be contacted.